2017-2018 Administrative Team – Back row (from left to right): John Woods (Building & Grounds Manager), Enrico Matarazzo (Assistant Principal), Tim Little (School Principal), Rusty Cumings (Assistant Principal), Daniel Lanser (Assistant Principal), and Marty Manning (Athletic Director). Front row (from left to right) Whitney Gbur (Dean of Students), Michele Napier (Activities Director), and Yassi Delgado (Student Services Director).
We who serve the students and parents of Schaumburg High School pledge our continued commitment to:
- Demonstrate courtesy and patience in our dealings with students, parents, and the community;
- Respect the individual differences within our student body;
- Respond on a timely basis to inquiries and requests for help;
- Maintain our professionalism through appearance, communications, and care of school facilities;
- Offer consistent, dependable service to the young people of our school community.
As the “Instructional Leader” of the school, I am responsible for the total education of students in the building. This includes overseeing all campus operations, student programming, activities, school climate, staffing, staff-development and school improvement.
- Certificate of Advanced Study with a Type 75 Endorsement – National-Louis University
- Masters of Education in Educational Psychology, Northern Illinois University
- Bachelors of Education – The University of Wisconsin, Whitewater
- Assistant Principal, Hoffman Estates High School
- Social Studies Teacher, Hoffman Estates High School
- NCISC Tech Certificate of Merit for Use of Technology in the Classroom
- AT&T Tech 2000 Presenter – Springfield, Illinois
- ISBE – Those Who Excel – Award of Excellence – School Administrator
- ISBE Tech Presenter at the State Technology Convention in Springfield
- ISBE Those Who Excel – Award of Recognition – Team Division – Foundations
- ISBE Those Who Excel – Award of Recognition – Team Division – Academic Initiatives
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Illinois Principal Association
- Illinois Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development | top
I am the Associate Principal of Schaumburg High School and the Building and Grounds Administrator. | top
I am the Administrator for Student Support Team 1. I am also the Principal for Summer School and responsible for operations and personnel. I coordinate the student and staff ID process, attendance/discipline office operation and personnel, student supervisors, police consultant, and student parking. I coordinate the teacher manual and calendar/handbook and evaluate the Science and Special Education Departments.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Northern Illinois University
- Master’s Degree in Education, Chicago State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education, Northeastern Illinois University
- Associate of Arts Degree, Triton College, River Grove, IL
- Assistant Principal, Palatine High School
- Dean of Students, William Fremd High School
- Physical Education / Driver Ed./ Health Teacher, William Fremd High School
- Assistant Football Coach, Fremd High School
- Assistant Girl’s Badminton Coach, Fremd High School
- Assistant Girl’s Bowling Coach , Fremd High School
- Strength and Conditioning Coach , Leyden High School
As the Administrator for Student Support Team 3, I collaborate with school counselors Mr. Kowalski, Mr. Kostalek, and Ms. Werlein and our students assigned to them. We work together to provide students with academic, social/emotional and post-secondary planning supports. In addition, I am the Director of Activities. Through this role, I am responsible for Student Clubs and Activities, Open House, Homecoming, Alumni relationships, Graduation, Very Interested Parent Boosters Club and School Public Relations. I evaluate faculty in Art, Family and Consumer Science and Music.
- Master of Arts – Educational Leadership, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Arts – School Counseling, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Science – Human Resources & Industrial Relations Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts – Psychology, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- Department Chair – Student Services
- Director – Human Resources Compensation & Benefit
- Director – Human Resources Compensation & Benefits| top
I am the Administrator for Support Team 2. I primarily work with the following counselors and their assigned students: Dr. Duffy, Mr. Swolsky, Mrs. Casamassimo, and Mrs. Becker, along with Social Worker, Mrs. Smith and School Psychologist, Mrs. Enright. I am also responsible for the Saxon Pride Pillar, digital democracy, chaperone assignments, coordinating certified staff supervision, in-school suspension, detention and study-halls. I evaluate the applied technology and social studies departments, as well as student supervisors.
- Type 75 School Administration Certification – Lewis University, Romeoville, IL
- Masters of Art, Curriculum and Instruction – Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL
- LBS1 Special Education Certification – Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
- Bachelors of Science, Health Education – Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, IL
- Assistant Principal, Schaumburg High School
- Special Education Teacher, Schaumburg High School
- Special Education Teacher Assistant, Conant High School
- Assistant Football Coach, Schaumburg High School
- Athletic Event Supervisor, Schaumburg High School
- Illinois Army National Guard, B Company, 1-178 Infantry Battalion, Elgin, IL
As the Student Services Director for Schaumburg High School, I am responsible for student services office operation. I coordinate student records, grade reporting, master schedule development and maintenance, homebound procedures, testing and placement, office-campus educational programs, cooperative education programs, PLAN, Explore and P.S.A.E testing, gifted programs, E.S.L. programs, non-residency applications, at-risk programs, and special education programming. I evaluate Student Services, Foreign Language, E.S.L and Special Services (chair).
- Master of Arts Education in Educational Administration, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
- Master of Science Education in Secondary Education, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Associate of Arts in Secretarial Business, Wilbur Wright College, Chicago,IL
- Counselor, James B. Conant High School
- Dean of Students, James B. Conant High School
- Spanish Teacher, James B. Conant High School
- American School Counseling Association | top
As the Dean of Students for Schaumburg High School, I assist the Discipline Office in multiple capacities with a focus on student attendance, tardiness, and technology restrictions. I also assist the Discipline Office with the creation of student intervention plans and the implementation of new school wide initiatives.
- Master of Arts in Instructional Leadership, Roosevelt University (2015-2017)
- Master of Arts in Reading Strategies, Concordia University (2013-2015)
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary English Education History, Indiana University (2007-2011)
- English Teacher, Schaumburg High School
- Varsity Cheerleading, Schaumburg High School
- Saxon Strong Core Committee Member, Schaumburg High School
- Saxons Solution Committee, Schaumburg High School| top
As the Athletic Director of Schaumburg High School, it is my responsibility to ensure that all athletic contests are played fairly. I schedule all athletic contests, both Mid-Suburban League and non-conference opponents. I provide our athletic teams with equipment that is safe and will protect them in contact sports and will give them every opportunity to be successful. I oversee all 26 sports and hire the best coaches for our athletes. I am the division head for P.E., Health, and Driver’s Education. I coordinate the Athletic Budget, Athletic Facility Usage, Athletic Eligibility, and Athletic Board Hearings. I evaluate P.E., Health and Driver’s Education Departments.
- Master of Educational Leadership, American College of Education (2012-2013)
- Master of Arts in Secondary Education (Business), Roosevelt University (2002-2004)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management Information Systems), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1996-2000)
- Business Education and Math Teacher, Schaumburg High School
- Business Education Teacher, Huntley High School
- Varsity Boys Basketball Coach, Schaumburg High School
- Varsity Boys Basketball Coach, Huntley High School
- JV Golf Coach, Huntley High School| top
Detective Marc Santoro
As the School Resource Officer, I am available to all students, parents, and faculty in a variety of ways for any incident that may occur during the school day or involve a student at the school.
Serving in the Schaumburg Police Department since 1995, I have served many roles including; midnight and afternoon shifts in patrol, Field Training Officer, Evidence Technician, Certified Police Mountain Bike Officer, and Detective in the adult division. Additionally, I am a certified Juvenile Officer. I am excited to begin my new role with the Police Department in the Schaumburg High School.